It is that they that you received a big flower arrangement from Big Flora. So what’s next? How will you handle and take care of it? Below are simple steps to make the cut flowers last longer.
1. Prepare the vase. Do you have a large vase? Decide on whether you will put all of the flowers in one big vase or on separate vases.
2. Water mixture. Mix around 1 liter of water with a couple of drops of bleach approximately ¼ teaspoons. This will serve as the ratio of water and bleach. Pour the mixture into the vase. If needed, add more of the mixture depending on the size of the vase and number of flowers. The bleach will help prevent and limits the growth of bacteria.
3. Remove the plastic tubing and cut the end of the stem. Immediately put the flower on the vase once the ends are cut to avoid air locks on the edges and ensure proper water distribution.
4. Apply final touches and decorations on the vase.
5. Replace the water mixture every couple of days maybe around 1 or 2 days. Cut edges when replacing mixture.
Flowers usually last up to 10 days and depends on the type of flower and how well you maintain it.